- Rated the safest rubber mulch and groundcover on the market for playgrounds
- Provides superior drainage and minimizes dust, keeping children clean
NuPlay, made from 100% recycled rubber, is the perfect loose-fill rubber mulch groundcover for playgrounds and commercial landscaping applications. Rated as the safest groundcover on the market, NuPlay also provides superior drainage and minimizes dust, keeping children clean while at play. *Installation instructions below.
- Provides a soft surface to help keep children safe on the playground
- Creates a pliable, resilient surface to help reduce the stress on joints and bones
- 99.9% wire free
- Exceeds standards set by the U. S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
- IMC’s most affordable rubber mulch groundcover for playgrounds and paths
- Maintains beauty even after years of exposure to the elements
- Made from non-toxic, environmentally-friendly materials approved by the EPA and Northwest Laboratories of Seattle, Inc.
- Inhibits growth of molds and fungi, reducing allergy risk
- Five times heavier than wood mulches, this rubber mulch will not float, absorb water or erode during heavy rain and flooding
- Does not attract termites, carpenter ants or other harmful insects
- Available in Earthtone, Redwood, Caribbean Blue, Forest Green and a full palette of custom colors
- The ground area where the playground will lie should either be in location that will not hold water, or have slight grade to allow for proper drainage. In areas where drainage could be an issue; it is recommended to install a drain tile system, with a 3” base of pea gravel or rock to allow for proper drainage.
- Heavy duty weed fabric should be installed under NuPlay Mulch to separate the mulch from what lies beneath. Depending on the size of the playground, it is recommended to use large rolls of weed fabric (12’ width rolls) to minimize the number seams.
- Use landscape stakes to stake down weed fabric seams and corners. Make sure the stakes are completely hammered down.
- A border is recommended to enclose the playground to contain the mulch. It is recommended to have a few inches between the top of the border and the top of the mulch.
- It is recommended to loosely compact the mulch to either 3 or 6 inches to achieve the desired fall height rating.
- Install NuPlay Mulch at a 2" depth.
- It is not necessary, but recommended to install NuPlay Mulch over a permeable weed fabric. Using a weed fabric will increase coverage per bag/box and decrease risk of weeds. Also, using felt type weed fabric will help keep the mulch in place.
- If installing NuPlay Mulch over existing mulch/soil, make sure the ground surface is a compacted material, free of debris and loose objects. NuPlay Mulch will look its best when not mixed in with other debris.
- When installing NuPlay Mulch in mulch/plant beds, it is recommended that the beds have a border to help contain the mulch. The border can either be a raised border such as a poured concrete/brick border, or a dug border such as a 2” deep trench around the bed.
- To clear leaves and other debris off the top of NuPlay Mulch, use a blower on a low setting. Since NuPlay Mulch is heavier than grass clippings and leaves, it will stay in place while the debris is blown away.
|Critical Heights of Tested Materials of 6” Depth|
|Wood chips||7 feet|
|Engineered wood fibers||6 feet|
|Wood mulch||6 feet|
|Double-shredded bark||6 feet|
|Fine gravel||6 feet|
|Medium gravel||5 feet|
|Fine sand||5 feet
The perfect rubber mulch for use in playgrounds!
I need mulch for:
at a depth of:
If you make the switch from premium wood mulch to NuPlay Mulch you
will save over 71% over the next 10 years!
This model includes pricing for product and landscaping installation for ten
years for a 1000 square foot area. Figures for wood mulch are based on annual replacement of product. Figures for NuPlay Mulch are based on initial cost and 10% replacement every other year.